Mostly we can use the subtitles when we are watching movies and TV shows. This is also one of the best way to practice English no matter if you use English subtitles or not. You can imagine that the Kodi will provides a sufficient way to include the subtitles for different types of videos. The best thing here is that Kodi uses so many popular online services, eliminating any chances of not finding the correct title. So, let’s have a look at how to add subtitles to Kodi.
Add Subtitles to Kodi- The Basics
The process of creating subtitles in Kodi consists of several important parts. So, here is a quick overview of this process:
First, we will set up our Kodi app to work with any one of the available subtitles services;
Then, we have to create a new user account for the chosen subtitles services;
Finally, we will show you how to play a movie or video and download the correct subtitle.
Add Subtitles to Kodi – Instructions
As said before, this process can be split into three different parts. We can start by telling you how to add subtitles to Kodi by enabling this option available in the application’s Settings.
- First, You have to open Kodi and then click on the gear icon which is present at the top-left corner. It will take you to the Settings;
- Now you can select the “Player Settings”.
- Now you have to select the Language option which is available on the Left side.
- Here you have to find and select the “Download Services” section.
- You can click on the “Languages to download subtitles for” and then select your preferred language. Most users can choose the language as “English”.
- Next, you have to click “Default TV show service” and a new pop-up will have appeared.
- Now, Click on the “Get More” and you will see a list of available subtitle services.
- We suggested that the “OpenSubtitles.org” is going to be the right choice for you. So, continue to click on this service.
- Now you have to click on the ‘Default movie service’ and you will see the previously selected subtitle service. There is no need to use the different types of services. So, you can click on the ‘OpenSubtitles.org’ once again.
Create a New OpenSubtitles Account
Before you can use this service on Kodi, you need to register a new account. Then, you can use those credentials to activate OpenSubtitles on your Kodi app.
- First, Go to opensubtitles.org by using a Web browser
- click on the ‘Register’ which is present at the top of the page, then You will find this link on the right side of the website’s logo.
- Now you can fill the required information and click on ‘Register’.
- Wait a few moments to receive a confirmation email. This is where you can find a link that you need to use to activate your new account.
That’s all! You can try logging in into OpenSubtitles. If you manage to log in, you will become a registered user.
Next, we have to access the addon of OpenSubtitles on your Kodi and enter your credentials.
- Open Kodi and click on ‘Add-ons’ present in the main menu.
- Now you can select ‘My Add-ons’ option.
- Here you have to click on the ‘Subtitles’ button.
- You will see ‘OpenSubtitles.org’ as the only option available on the list. Click on this addon’s name.
- Now you have to click ‘Configure’ option.
- There are two fields are available for you to configure. One is Username and another one is Password. Click on each of these and fill the required information.
- Once done, click on the ‘OK’ option to remove the pop-up.
Here in this article, We provide the clear steps for how to add subtitles to Kodi. We hope you try these steps immediately to add subtitles to your Kodi. If you have any queries regarding these steps, Kindly do let us know via comments.